Saturday, December 17, 2011

Rewind.

Let me take you back to Thanksgiving...


Coming home and seeing your family for the first time since August is really an indescribable feeling. I have never not wanted to go anywhere more in my life than I did once I got home for the break. The week went by too fast (don't they all?) but it was filled with AMAZING food (my mom cooked this year) and lots of laughter.


My grandparents (the ones who feed the chipmunk) came in for the holiday. I haven't seen them since last spring and it's always a treat to get to visit with them. They have been married for a little over 50 years and I can only hope and pray that I have a marriage as fitting, loving and caring as theirs. They truly are perfect for each other.


I left Dallas the day after Thanksgiving to venture back to Auburn for the Iron Bowl game. I hate leaving Dallas any earlier than I have to. But as I explained to my dad, if I graduated from Auburn never having gone to what is accurately described as the greatest rivalry in football (not just college, but all of football) I would feel like I wasn't a true Auburn fan.


We lost the game, surprise surprise...not. But the experience was worth leaving early for.


However, isn't it ironic that everyone left a holiday all about giving thanks and being grateful for one another, to attend a game filled with hatred and pure loath for the other team? Just something to think about.


I would say it's silly how crazy the fans get, but I must admit I am one of them from time to time. It's in my blood now. Nothing good comes from the other team... I'll be real mature here and say: sorry I'm not sorry...


I couldn't have been more thankful for my friends this semester. I have never been busier and at times I have never been so stressed, but my friends were always there to remind me that I'm doing what I love, so I need to love what I'm doing.


I am truly blessed to have such wonderful people in my life...but you'll see for yourself in my next post ;)


For now, that's the LoDown


Xx,
-Lo.

No comments:

Post a Comment