Monday, February 18, 2013

Kate Spade kind of week.

Good morning world. It's been a minute.

Per request of my loving friends who humor me by reading this thing I thought I'd oblige. (You're welcome Savannah.)

Recently I've been caught in the middle of having a LOT of fun, and having a LOT of stress brought upon me. It's no surprise, I've been known to express emotions in extremes a time or two but it's quite exhausting.

I've decided that if job searching was a scent it would be described as quite scary, with hints of anxiety and insecurity and an added touch of what seems to be excitement but is really just apprehension (or wine....).

It's a lot like dating, you know? You want everything to look perfect and for everyone to find you perfect...Is my hair/makeup cover letter too much? Does my outfit resume look ok? Should I scent it? I mean it worked for Elle Woods...right?!

Anyhow... aside from researching and applying for jobs I've been a busy bee.

I recently did a feature story for work on one of Auburn's football players. Nosa is a great guy who I've known since freshman year. He is always talking about how his life has been "so blessed," so this was a really fun assignment for me. I also was beside myself that my boss liked it so much she not only didn't change anything about it, but put it up on Auburn's website. You can check it out here!


Speaking of blessed, last week I was one spoiled little Kate Spade diva. My sister sent me an early Valentine's Day gift as did my grandparents! I couldn't love them any more than I do. (Both the people and the gifts.) 
If you ever order someone a gift from Kate Spade, which I highly recommend, go the extra mile ($6 or $7) and get it gift wrapped! Their packaging is absurdly cute.

It rained pretty much all last week, prompting me to order myself a pair of duck boots which prompted the rain to cease. Typical. I've never scoured my weather app praying for rain more than I have this past week. (I think it's going to rain tomorrow...I'll keep you posted ;)) I can't wait to break these bad boys in!










I hope the world is bringing you as much love, light and if nothing else delicious mimosa's as mine!



Xx,
Lo.

No comments:

Post a Comment