Sunday, July 17, 2011

Episode.

 My day on Friday should be submitted as material for an episode of Modern Family. It was just "one of those days." I woke up was woken up grumpy and just couldn't shake it off. You know it's bad when you admit yourself that you're being quite the pain...

The day had had it's ups and downs but things were getting better when Lisa and I surprised my dad with cake at his office for a pre-birthday celebration. (this is typical, birthdays make me so happy.) We left Beau in the house, closing all the doors to rooms that we didn't want him in...or so I thought...

We pulled up in the driveway, walked up the steps and as I waited for Lisa to unlock the door, I peered in through the glass. And there it was. The first sign of disaster. A little teddy bear gently sitting beside a chair in our living room. We walked in and another teddy bear was placed by another chair in our living room...both covered in slobber.

As we rounded the corner into the dining room, beans from a used-to-be snowman (3rd grade project) were all. over. the floor. With every room we entered our house was becoming a movie scene...

I paced to my bedroom to find trash, blankets, pillows, feathers (still swirling the air no exaggeration) and the remnants of a loofa strewn about my room. Beau had clearly decided to re-decorate and I was not happy...

After much scolding and a few hours later, Lisa and I suddenly found the situation hilarious. We re-told the story to my dad and were almost crying we were laughing so hard. Something I never thought I would do considering I was almost in tears over the situation at the time.

Much like Modern Family where at the end of each episode is a little lesson, at the end of the day as I sat with my parents and Beau watching a movie, I realized that as much as some of the bodies in this room drove me nuts that day, there was no place I'd rather be on a Friday night than with them. Even Beau.

No comments:

Post a Comment