Saturday, July 9, 2011

Projects

Whenever I come home to Dallas, I always get two things:
1. Spending Happy
2. Crafty
Sometimes, well let's be honest, most of the time, these come hand in hand. I view this as pure coincidence while my bank account considers it pure evil. 

For my birthday last year I got these great, white frames to hang on my walls at school. My original thought was to put photos of family and friends in them and make a frame collage like my sister did. But I have always loved fashion editorials, so what I decided to do was go in search of old magazines to see what I could put together....and VOILA! 

I found some old Harper's Bazaar magazines...
Tore off the covers
And fit them to my frames.
This one might be my favorite!
You can click on each of the photos to enlarge if you're having a hard time seeing them. 
I wanted to find vintage Vogue and frame those, but "vintage" started in about the 90s and let's be real, there aren't many high-fashion, frame-worthy looks from '91...

Another perk of using the Bazaar covers is that the older ones don't have all the junk on them... The "500 summer shoes for less!" or "Lose 10lbs in 7 days!"...no one needs that on their walls. Plus, it gives a much cleaner, more modern look while bringing out the beauty of the photos. 

A tip: go to your nearest Half Price Books or discount book store. 
You'll uncover some great finds for even better prices. Each of these magazines were under $2! (I may be a spender but I sure can save! It's a gift, I know) 

It's been one of my favorite projects so I thought I would share it with you :) My next project is putting a dried flower arrangement in an old Mint Julep cup! 

Things to look forward to...

Xx,
Lo. 




No comments:

Post a Comment