Saturday, July 30, 2011

Phrase.

I don't know about you, but I often find myself caught in a game of cat and mouse. I actually have no idea what that phrase means, I just needed a well known phrase for my intro to transition me... mission accomplished?

Every time I'm at school in Auburn, I think of a million and one things that I would do if I were in Dallas. I think of the things I miss, like seeing the beautiful a skyline, the food I would be eating, the stores I would be spending my money in (cue my bank account saying "what money?") and the people I would be with, gawking at homes I'll never one day be able to afford (divas dream big, remember that.) But then I get here and I find myself saying "what now?" Thinking, "If I were in Auburn I would be (insert activity (most likely raging in one way or another) here)"

Is this what that phrase "the grass is always greener on the other side" means? If so, WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? Does this mean I'm not happy here nor there? Does this mean I'm not happy anywhere? (Dr. Suess anyone?) Or would the phrase and popular Counting Crow lyric "you don't know what you have until it's gone" be more appropriate?

Do I, like Hannah Montana, get the best of both worlds?

I choose to answer yes. I would like to think that it means I lead two different, but very wonderful lives that I love equally, and miss desperately while I'm away. I'm not saying I'm a different person in Dallas or Auburn, I just have my separate friends, living situation etc., etc.

I would imagine if one could live inside of a vacation, this is what it might feel like. Nice for awhile, but eventually, it's time to get back... And I guess as I get older, that "time" starts to creep up. Soon it will be time to decide which aspect is the vacation...

But luckily I have two years ahead of me before I have to come to terms with the ending of that vacation. I plan to make those two years very L O N G.

So cat and mouse game...bring it on ;) 

-Lo. 


No comments:

Post a Comment