Sunday, February 12, 2012

Antiquing.


Saturday was spent at an antique store called Angels. My roommates, some friends and I went to poke around and see what we could find.

You have to be in the right mindset to shop at Angels. Like most antique stores there is a lot of random "treasures" lying around and it can be overwhelming.

Luckily I spotted a few gems...

I bought this antiqued mirror for $12. I already had the candle sconces
from a previous purchase but decided to paint them a faded blue for a touch of color.
If you look closely into the mirror, you can see I have carried the blue theme into my bathroom
with a blue frame. 
I have yet to find a place for this piece,
which I knew would be an issue when I bought it ($18)
but I had to have it.
I feel confident I'll find something to do with it in the 3-floor house I live in!
Other Angels items can be spotted around my room...
This "Love Story" sign is hanging above my door.
It's hard to see here but the wood is painted blue which I used
to color match the sconces by the mirror. I used a mixture of white, light blue
and light green to give it a true antiqued match.

This one might be one of my favorite finds: 
Meaning "Good Night" in french, this piece ads a little charm
to my DIY shabby chic feel I've been aiming for!
I think my favorite part about antique shopping is that it makes me get creative. It's a great way to be crafty for not a lot of money. This summer my mom and I bought my desk from Angels (featured in a post circa August 2011) for only $50!

So if you have a spare afternoon, look around for some antique shops. Be patient and dig around...you'll be amazed at what hidden gems you might find!

Craftily yours,

-Lo.

No comments:

Post a Comment