Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Caught up in the downs no more.

I've revisited my love for making lists. I made a list on Sunday for things I needed to do on Monday, and then made a new one on Monday for the sake of making a new list.

All girls, and maybe guys too, have this love affair for crossing things off. I think it gives us validation for the things we've accomplished in life. Like a visual high five.

I've noticed that I try to avoid putting things on my list that I don't want to do. And if I suck it up and put something on there that I'm dreading, I add a bunch of little things on there, or things I've already done just so I can cross them off...

Strange I know. But the goal is to cross everything off the list...so it looks like I have no choice...

From now on I decided I'm going to add "have a good day" to every list I make. I mean, at the end of the day, that's really what counts, right?

I could cross everything off a list that's a mile long, but if I had a bad day, who cares?

I'm also entertaining the idea of every night before bed making a list (mental or physical) of all the things I loved about that day. An outfit, a drink at starbucks...anything good about that day.

...Life is full of ups and downs and I am guilty of getting caught up in the downs...

Yes that test was hard, yes I spent so much time studying for it, yes I'm tired and yes...I miss my family...

But...
I had a great dinner with Kacey
I laughed really hard with my dad
I stumbled upon a great Bible verse (Col. 3:14)
Katie sent me pictures of Beau
I'm sore from a great workout 
John Mayer is singing to me through my MacBook speakers

And just like that I'm caught up in the ups...

End today on a good note. 

Positively yours,

-Lo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment