Thursday, December 13, 2012

Almost 22.

Shalom kiddies!

Home is just so wonderful you know? You know where everything is- always. You know the backroads when you're in a hurry, you know the main roads when you need predictability and you know the way to your best friends house so well you could get there in your sleep. Thank God for 'em.

When I'm in Dallas I always love to wear outfits that I think are "a little much" for Auburn. It makes me realize just how versatile my style is. While out with Savannah, doing what we do best- putzing around town- I came across this awesome headscarf from Anthro:

Not only did I love this, but it was on sale!!...and if you have ever been shopping with me, you know I'm one of the best bargain shoppers out there. Anyhow...it really put me in an indie/ hobo mood which worked out well because I've been looking for an excuse/ outfit to work my jean vest into... 

I felt very L.A and a little (ok a lot bit) like Khloe Kardashian... love it or leave it- whichever you prefer it was a fun, new look for me and I really enjoyed it! 

In other news: About a week or so ago, en lou of my birthday tomorrow, I decided whilst shopping on Gilt that I would buy myself a little birthday gift. I bought a journal and a pair of herringbone printed tights from the Kate Spade selection... I was just beside myself this afternoon when my journal arrived. I thought "oh how fun! A pre-birthday present!!" 

I came inside....opened my package- getting giddy about the potential thoughts and songs I could write in my new journal-I took out the packaging paper and was dumbfounded. Where is my journal? 

Oh wait.... wait there it is... hmm..

Low and behold I purchased a journal intended for elves... silly me. As my father put it, "They are looking for bright ideas, obviously not big ones." 

Despite my obvious disappointment, my family and I found it so hysterical that I'm going to keep it. I almost want to make it like a Flat Stanley character where it goes everywhere with me and I take pictures of it in random places... I kid you not, my dog's paws are larger than this notebook...  

If this is any indication as to what the next year of my life is going to be like...bring it on. I'm totally ready.

Oh how I can't wait to sing Taylor Swift's "22" over and over and over ad nauseam tomorrow. 

Xx, 
-Lo.  

P.S: 21 went by so fast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment