Monday, October 31, 2011

Right Place. Right Time.

This past week was a bit of a jumble...

I started the week off by venturing online to search for internships. Job hunting never fails to leave me tight-chested and in a tizzy. 

I go through the same routine of "I'm never going to get a job. I'm living in the middle of nowhere Alabama and I'm going to have to live at home for forever and then Mike and Lisa are going to put me on the streets and I'll never get my Range Rover or French Bulldog's!"...all said in one breath...

Well, two days later I get a phone call from one of the company's I had contacted who was showing their recent collection at the Dallas Market. 

They called because one of their interns got the flu, the show was this weekend and an extra set of hands was needed. 

 I thought to myself that this was so typical. I would be in Auburn when a job in Dallas calls for me...

As I turned red in the face I had to politely inform the woman, calling me from New York, that I was in Auburn, Alabama and would be unable to attend... 

Frustrated, I called Lisa because lately I have been getting the feeling that I'm just in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

Have you ever felt like that? I'm a city girl to the core and I've got a bad case of cabin fever. I miss being in cities and seeing buildings and stores. When I'm in Dallas I get a sense of opportunity that lacks in a small town. 

[Side note: I haven't seen my family or been home since the first week of August when I left for Auburn. My feelings of being in the wrong place really stem from this because I'm so far away!]

Well...Sunday rolls around and I got a text from a good friend asking if I wanted to grab Fuji  (sushi) for dinner. I happily accept and I am so glad I did...

I walked into the restaurant and a dear, dear friend of mine was at the dinner table waiting to surprise me. I haven't seen her since June and she's moving overseas in January so you can imagine my excitement. 

Naturally when I saw her skinny-mini body in an outfit I would have re-pinned on pinterest trot across the restaurant, I started to cry. But she wasn't done with the surprising...she held up her left hand to show off the most beautiful engagement ring I've ever seen! Again, more tears and squeals. 

I have never felt so much that I was in the right place at the right time than I did in that moment. Had I flown home for the weekend to work the Dallas Market, I would have missed celebrating the most special occasion with one of my favorite people. 

She never fails to remind me that my life is on track and that I'm exactly where I need to be. 

Congratulations Tinks...I couldn't be happier for the two of you!

-Lo. 







No comments:

Post a Comment