Sunday, October 23, 2011

Safe Haven.

We all have those days where you aren't feeling as fierce as usual. Maybe you woke up late or your go-to outfit is in the wash or you updated your iPhone to the new iOS5 and you no longer receive text messages from non iPhone users...!!! (or heaven forbid all of the above!!)

Regardless, it's rough not having your usual fab day.

I had one of those yesterday (hint: iPhone struggles) so I decided to make today a new day! I woke up early, cleaned my room, left halloween surprises for my roommates on their beds, gave myself a kardashian-worthy middle part, threw on a great outfit (leggings, blue v-neck, blazer and rider boots) and drove myself to my safe haven: Starbucks.

Starbucks, is my safe haven, as I'm sure it is for most people. No matter what city in America, it never fails to make me feel trendy and important... and let's be honest, everyone needs to feel trendy and important every once in a while day...

Ironically, Savannah, my beautiful partner in crime fashion, sent me some wise words that I've decided to share with all of you.

Her text message reads as follows:

"From one diva to another, whenever I'm having a rough day I do one of these things: put on a fab piece of jewelry that you save for special occasions and drive directly to Starbucks, put on a cocktail dress or gown, whichever you choose, and throw yourself dramatically across a sofa, or if all else fails, go get a mani/pedi and a cookie."

Words to live by. Trust.

-Lo

P.s: What do you do when you're feeling less than fab? Where do you go? I want to hear!

1 comment:

  1. No joke, I go to Starbucks too!!! I'm right there with ya chica, today was a rough one for me! Ugh, I NEED to update you!!

    -Erin

    ReplyDelete