Sunday, June 3, 2012

Bistro 31

Now that I'm a working woman, not to be confused with a "working girl" as my friend Hayden's date jokingly reminded me, I find myself caught trying to rest as much as possible while still making the most of my weekends. 

This is somewhat of a difficult task, however this weekend I feel I have achieved a perfect execution. 

Friday night I grabbed dinner and drinks with my freshman year roommate, Caroline.  I am beyond thrilled that she's living in Dallas for the summer because she is ALWAYS up for adventures. 

Today (Saturday) was spent in my natural habitat, Northpark with Savannah and Caroline. We were all in search of business-ish attire but somehow I left with yoga/workout clothes and Savannah left with Jimmy Choo's... Caroline: 1, Lauren and Savannah: -1

Seeing as though shopping left us parched, we grabbed obnoxiously large iced tea's from JDs and bee-bopped over to Savannah's house to basque in the sun by her pool. 

Rough life, right? 

Tonight Erin and I decided to try the new restaurant in Highland Park Village, Bistro 31. It's a bit hoity-toity but what isn't in this neighborhood? 

The inside decor was really pretty. Lots of dark woods, marble and white furniture. The menu was cute as well... if a New Yorker married a Northern Californian, Bistro 31 is what their house would look like.

Words of advice: when you go, they will ask you if you made a reservation and when you reply "no" they will anxiously look around the (empty) room and act like there is no place for you to sit. You will be seated immediately. 

Also, if you are hungry do NOT order the salad. It's a portion and plate designed for a rabbit. 

Oh, and they have a coat rack for you to check your coat...interesting how the rack has 2 floor-length coats and a hat hanging from it in Dallas in June... "yeaaaahh, about that" 


Xx,
-Lo. 


           

No comments:

Post a Comment