Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thursday At Tootsies.

What do you get when you put the top Dallas fashion bloggers and other fashionable Dallasites together in an upscale clothing store, with a MASSIVE sale and free-flowing cocktails? My Thursday night. 


Tootsies was host to an evening soiree with a competitive twist. They rounded up five blogging fashionistas and invited their fans and other lovers of fashion to come out and vote on whom they thought was most fashionable.

Wine, champagne and tequila were flowing, DJs (and bartenders) were mixing and shoppers were shopping. What's not to love?

The stylin', stiletto-wearing beauties met prior to the event and lived a personal dream of mine. Each girl was let loose to run around Tootsies and grab pieces that spoke to them. They were to take those pieces and create their own "look."

At the event the bloggers put on a mini fashion show. They flounced around in their decadent duds while us onlookers snapped photos and breathed in the fashionable air. At the end of the show the winner was announced and raffle prizes were given away.




Sadly, I was not the lucky winner of a $100 Tootsies gift card nor did I come home with a DVF dress. But I did come home with a few goodies! 



Stores like Tootsies are a lot like art galleries for me, only better because I actually get to take pieces home. The colors and the fabrics and the potential outfits...I love it all.

While at the event I caught up with a few friends and met some genuinely interesting people.

The outfits tonight were amazing and it was such a treat being around people who share the same love and interest as I do and I appreciate being in the presence of those who have made a career out of the industry .

It's a lot of fun being around fabulous people and it's a lot of fun feeling being fabulous ;) 

Caroline and I ended the night at The Village Burger Bar in Uptown on McKinney Ave. It was swanky and deeelicious! 
...Their fries are like the fries at Houston's for those of you who are familiar...in fact the whole meal was a lot like Houston's only cheaper...

We ended up having to park on the roof of the garage which initially we complained about but immediately took it back when we were greeted with an amazing sunset over the Dallas skyline. 


It's truly great to be home. 

Thanks for coming with me and making the night so fun, Caroline! I can't wait to use our complementary microdermabrasion treatments! 

Xx, 
-Lo. 

P.S. To those of you that I met tonight who told me you were going to look up my blog, I hope I didn't disappoint. Lovely meeting you! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm wowed by your speed, Lauren! I'm still editing my photos and composing my post.
    Yes, I love me some Village Burger Bar. :-)

    ReplyDelete