Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ashley.

I rarely dedicate posts to people. Why? Because I have so many wonderful friends that deserve their own posts that it would be impossible to do them all justice. That statement almost sounds snobby...but I'm keeping it.

Readers, meet Ashley:

Please note: Same pose, same part in our hair, same boots, I own the jeans
she's wearing and honestly...
we are probably wearing the same bra and underwear.
Ashley is truly one of a kind and quite frankly reminds me of a puppy. I mean that in the most lovable and endearing way possible. Yes I just compared one of my best friends to a dog, but I know she's sitting at her computer laughing because she knows it's true.

She has a spirit about her that you just can't kill. Trust me...you can't. She's happy and bouncy and if Barbie is ever made into a movie or musical (or movie-musical) she would be so major it's almost frightening...
Ashley loves to love. She is one of the most caring individuals I know and though masked by her bubbly persona, she is a wise and sensitive being.

Ashley is a self proclaimed serial monogamist (cue her love of love). She always has a love interest (or two) and usually winds up in some sort of pickle, a word Ashley actually refuses to say (fun fact). 

This detail (her busy love life, not the fact about pickles) is what prompted this post. Recently in my life I've come across issues in my "love" life. Issues I've never dealt with or experienced in any sort of way.

You see, one thing I can always count on from Ashley is that she tells me exactly what I need to hear. (Notice I said "need" not "want").

Most of the time her advice is short, and to the point. She doesn't sugar-coat anything. The two of us have an unspoken "no bullshit" policy with each other, so if my man-of-the-moment is being a true pill and needs the boot, she'll be the first to tell me and the first one there with ice cream and cookies for when it's over.

 It's 1 a.m. and as I sat in bed, checking my twitter feed, I see that Ashley is still awake and stressed as well...

(Another quality I love....she is somehow never asleep when I need her. It's great.)

Our conversation reads as follows: 
"Hi"
"Hi...I need you and *Erin"
"What's wrong? Me too."
"Well [insert crisis]!Why do you?"
"Well...." 

Despite our seemingly minimalist texting conversation (as if we have time or need the in-between chit chat) she gives great advice. I'm convinced that because of Ashley's love of love (and her love of psychology), she remains positive yet not falsely positive.

She seems to have the right answer for most of my concerns and she has a way of going about things that assures you that everything is going to be all right...

She always roots for love. Always. And she always follows her heart. And she does so with (what appears to be) great confidence.

Very inspiring. In fact, she has inspired me to highlight all of my friends in their own posts...

I admire this little beauty and am continuously thankful to have had such a great friend all these years... I wish all of you were lucky enough to know her; but I'm sure you have Ashley's of your own :)
Jan. 1, 2011

Still so much love a year later! 


Xx,
-Lo.

*Erin is the 3rd sasspot in our trio. We've all been best friends since high school and group message each other constantly. She'll get her own post here pretty soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment