Sunday, January 29, 2012

Productivity

I have a large hatred for studying at my desk. I don't really know how to explain it or my reasoning behind it, but I hate it.
In high school I rarely studied at my desk at home and when I was younger we always did our work at the kitchen table.

I like to be comfortable but I don't like studying in my bed because I like to keep that a place of peace and clarity for my cherished hours of slumber...

Which is why I hate having to admit something to all of you...

Back store: 
I've been on a cleaning kick which is a jaw-dropping statement to most of you who know me...

I think most ladies find that cleaning can be somewhat completely therapeutic. (I'm going to make a side note and tell you that I just now learned the correct spelling of "therapeutic." The "e" before the "u"was news to me...to a PR major this is a thrilling discovery.)

Anyhow, I cleaned out my closet last weekend, and this weekend I continued my trek and cleaned up my bookshelves, bathroom and desk area... (cue jaws music...dun-nuh, dun-uh)

I have my first test of the semester tomorrow morning (so naturally I decided to clean before studying since that will really help my chances of passing...) and I decided to try sitting down at my desk to study since my recent Netflix subscription has me glued to my bed watching The Hills...

(No but really...I even worked out in my room yesterday so I could watch...I know I know)


Y'all...I got SO. MUCH. DONE. 

It was like taking an adderall. I literally sat at my desk for HOURS studying french.
I studied, I updated the layout of my blog, I wrote my story for the newspaper I write for...it was GREAT! 

In fact I'M STILL SITTING HERE. This is crazy.

Maybe this is a sign that I'll be successful working at a desk when I enter the "real" world...

Who am I kidding, it's only day 1..let's not get a head of ourselves.

 Just thought I would share.

-Lo.

No comments:

Post a Comment