Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mums the Word.

I like to describe my moods in terms of music; Genres, Artists, Decades... and yesterday was a Mumford & Sons kind of day. 
It was rainy and breezy and the nighttime was so foggy I felt I was intruding on the Twilight set. 

If you're ever caught in weather like this and you're feeling a mixture of sleep deprivation, nostalgia (an emotional combo if you aren't careful), a hint of trendiness that is flirting with the hipster side of you and a strange longing to be in a European country... dust off this album in your iPod and give it a listen... it suits your mood like a Chanel jacket suits Jackie O. 

As I listened to the genius-ness that is Mumford I couldn't help but wonder to myself who the hell this girl was they were so passionately singing about. My curiosity led to texting my friend Erin who then encouraged me to tweet this ponder. 

And here I am, days later still wondering. 

I guess I am so curious because rarely do I find such beauty in such frustrated and furious passion. 

As I stated in my tweet...whoever she is, she must have been a real trip because she sure seemed to do a number on these gentlemen. 

My thoughts then led me to this: if you were that girl, would you ever admit it? I mean think about it... the songs are phenomenal but not in the least bit flattering. 

So the question of the hour: Do you take credit for the inspiration behind this work of art? 
Or is mum the word? 
Pun intended. 

Xx,
-Lo. 



No comments:

Post a Comment