Thursday, April 26, 2012

Matters of the Heart.




A few weeks ago I ordered earrings from an online boutique called Etsy and they finally came in! The teal heart studs are fueling my mint obsession. The other day at Starbucks the barrista commented on how my sweater, nails and earrings all matched...I should be embarrassed but I'm not. (Essie Mint Candy Apple has been in my life for about a year and a half now. Perfectly on trend this season if you're looking for a nail color.)

This week was what we call "senior celebration" for the sorority. The last chapter is dedicated to the seniors and they each stand up and talk about their college experience and what being a member of Gamma Phi has meant to them. They pass out letters and gifts to friends, there is a lot of laughter and a lot of tears. At the end there is a slideshow of pictures of them throughout the years which is always comical, and then we do a ritual that sends them off into alum status.
 It's terribly sad and ominous for what is to come. Their speeches inspired my purchase today. The above quote has always been a favorite quote of mine and now I have it in my room as a reminder.

And a few pictures of Beau never hurt anyone's feelings ;)

Best,
-Lo.

No comments:

Post a Comment