Sunday, March 4, 2012

Mommy and Me.

Well here I am... my weekend I was most looking forward to has come and gone unfortunately but that's the way the cookie crumbles now isn't it?

It was so nice to have my mom come visit me out here on the plains. Every time she's been to see me it's to move me in or out which means it's about 97 degrees outside with 100% humidity (no exaggeration).

The weekend forecast called for rain, rain, tornado watches, tornado warnings and more rain...

Lucky for us it was BEAUTIFUL Friday when Lisa arrived! We started the afternoon eating at Zoe's where we then wandered over to campus to see the new additions that give SMU a run for its money!

We paroozed the shops downtown where Lisa tried on almost more clothes than I did!

Dinner was had at Zazu's a local seafood type restaurant where we dined with Kacey and her mom and then Bailey and her mom..all the mom's were troopers and went to one of the bar's 1716 afterward! Such fun!!

Saturday was filled with more good food, a manicure, girly banter and then the cocktail party!



For her departure this afternoon the weather was absolutely gorgeous. One of those days that reminds me why I love this place :) But the wind was outrageous! It made me think of Ashley up in Chicago!!

The only downside to this weekend was that her stay was so short and that her flight got delayed!! I hate that she was sitting in the Atlanta airport for so long by herself!

Luckily I'll be in Dallas this time next week to see the rest of my beautiful family and friends!

I literally can't wait.... but for now I'm off to type a paper. Yuck. Luckily I have these beautiful Tulip's to keep my spirits up!


Love to all,
-Lo.

No comments:

Post a Comment