Friday, May 11, 2012

Appreciation.

I don't get the chance to watch very often, but every time I'm home my family and I watch American Idol together. As most of you readers know I grew up doing choir and theater so this show is very dear to my heart.

 I sort of grew out of it after a while but I seem to gain interest in the final few weeks.

This past week was the final 4 competitors. It's performances like these that reiterate why I love this show, and music in general:

This is 16-year-old Jessica Sanchez. She performed "And I Am Telling You" by Jennifer Holiday from the Dreamgirls soundtrack. I would say every person who can sing wishes they could do this song justice and Sanchez does just that. Her control and emotion is astounding especially for someone her age...this was simply phenomenal.

I have no words to explain the greatness of Joshua Ledet's rendition of "It's A Man's World" by James Brown. Jennifer Lopez said it perfectly when she said "I finally know what the saying 'took me to church' means." I wish more artists would sing true R&B...this is a genre appealing to most, yet lacking in our generation.

Truly talented kids right here. Take a listen- I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Xx,
Lo.

No comments:

Post a Comment