Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Memories

I don't normally post twice in one day but this weekend was so great that I would like to not only let you in on it, but to keep track of it for myself. This is going to be a lengthy post, so buckle up...

My weekend sort of started on Thursday night with a dinner date with my friend Max. He treated me to drinks and dinner at one of our favorite Dallas staples, Mi Cocina. The two of us always get to talking and before you know it, it's been three hours and they are politely trying to tell us it's closing time.

Friday was a fairly easy day at work and I was fortunate enough to get off around 2:30 in honor of the holiday weekend.

This allowed me to spend the afternoon with Erin and Ashley. I can not tell you how much I had been looking forward to this. We don't get to spend a lot of time together and trust me, we don't take one second for granted. I haven't laughed that hard in a while...
While Ashley watched her baby sister graduate high school, Erin and I grabbed some grub. We ate rather early so we were surrounded by families with children which led to quite funny conversations. Erin has such a positive and level-headed outlook on life. I love hearing her opinions and I really can't wait to see her as a wife and mom. I feel like that's where she's really going to thrive.

Saturday was a gem of a day. My dear friend Patrick and I spent the day together. Patrick goes to Baylor so I only see him during the holiday's but we never fail to pick up as if no time has gone by at all. I love having friends like that. When I'm with people like him I truly feel like I'm home.

Later that day my sister and I worked on the project I posted about below. I think it's become my favorite room in the house because I keep looking for ways to be in there!

While working on the frames I got a message from Patrick telling me to shower and change because he wanted to take me to dinner.

I happily obliged and I am so glad I did because it was such a lovely evening.

Preface: Patrick and I used to sing together in choir. Our voices blend really well together so we've always made lists of songs we want to sing and record together. Most of the time when we hang out we drive around singing or playing with songs on his guitar. 

I got to his house and we played around with some songs and after dinner he grabbed his guitar and headed to Lakeside, my favorite park in the Park Cities, parked ourselves on a bench and played and sang for hours.

He attempted to teach me to play a few chords and after seeing how hard that was for me, I now think guitar players are more talented than I did before. 


It was probably the best and sweetest "date" I've been on in a while.

Katie and I both agree that Memorial Day Weekend should be spent by water, so Sunday and Monday were spent by my grandmother's pool.


I would like to note that this weekend last year was my favorite weekend of the whole summer.

Looks like this is a good time of the year for me :)

If you're still reading this, I applaud you. Give yourself a pat on the back because you rule.


I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend as much as I did!

Xx,
-Lo.



1 comment:

  1. WHAT? Cutest thing I've ever heard (you and patrick singing in the park)

    ReplyDelete