Sunday, May 20, 2012

Here We Go.

My, oh my it's been a while. I would like to point a finger at the finicky internet connection that exists in this home as to why I have been slacking on you, dear readers.

Katie and I attended the oh so anticipated Miranda Lambert concert last weekend. The weather was absolutely perfect and getting seats instead of fending for a spot on the lawn was definitely the way to go.

Angela came to stay with me for a couple of days this week. It's always such a joy to get her to myself since I don't get to see her often. I was proud at how adventurous we were on such a whim. We dined in the Bishop Arts District (commonly referred to as the ghetto to my fellow "parkies"...it's in Oak Cliff. cue gasps) at a darling pizza restaurant called Eno's. There was a quaint diner down the street called "Oddfellows" that I really want to try. The menu is offbeat but the inside decor was rather charming. I can just smell the Instagram possibilities! After each drinking a glass of Sauvian Blanc and splitting a pizza we ventured over to Uptown's Mi Cocina for some Margarita's and Sangria. Tipsy talk is always the best :)

This weekend I worked backstage at the Preston Center Dance recital. I was a part of the studio for 16 years and I've worked the shows for probably 6 years so it's really easy money for me. I know the auditorium like the back of my hand and it's always really great to spend time with people who shaped my childhood.
      I feel that it's like working a glorified fashion show. I "run" girls from their dressing      rooms to their respective side of the stage, put them in order, fix hair, check shoes, tuck in ballet strings, help with quick changes, give directions and fuss at people who aren't doing what they need to do. Good practice if I ever choose to pursue a career in fashion I suppose. 

 I met with old friends, Caroline and Savannah, for breakfast this morning before Caroline headed off to be a camp counselor for the summer. I think I'm getting better at being a morning person.

Hayden and I got our nails done today in preparation for her departure for Denmark and for me starting my internship. Both happening on Monday. I'm a little nervous but I'm really excited to start shaping my craft.

Pictures of my various adventures are soon to come! But this post is long enough I'm sure. So for now, I wish you a good night/day.

Forever Busy,
-Lo.

No comments:

Post a Comment