Sunday, October 28, 2012

Home is wherever I'm with you.

"Alabama, Arkansas, I do love my ma and pa... home is wherever I'm with you."

This weekend my parents and sister came to visit me, marking the first time my whole family has been together in Auburn since driving through campus on our way home from a family vacation to Florida in like...2008.

I've looked forward to this weekend since before I left in August and it was nothing short of my expectations.

The weekend was full of tours, sight seeing, laughing and giving a full Auburn experience to my Texas Aggie family.

The more I wandered around campus with them, the more I fell in love with my school. The topography, landscape and architecture of the campus and city are truly magnificent, and it really made me proud. I only wish the game had turned out better-and a win would have been nice so they could have rolled Toomer's Corner!

It was honestly quite an overwhelming weekend for me emotionally. It was the first football game this season I've been able to sit in the stands instead of the press box. I love the traditions of Auburn football; the band, the eagle, the pre-game show... it's emotional. And experiencing that with my family was an overwhelming amount of emotions and I spent the better half of the evening fighting back tears.

I love that my family was able to experience a little piece of my life at college with me. They got to meet my friends and finally put faces with names, which I know always makes them happy.

It's always really hard to leave them, but luckily I only have 3 weeks until I go home for Thanksgiving. It's hard to want to be in two places at once... my time at Auburn is so limited but I do miss my family so much when I'm away...
I would like to point out that this was so typical that they would come the weekend after I made plans to move away to Nashville after college... oh how plans seem so strong one minute and not so much the next... I can't wait to see where my life goes these next few months/ this next year.

Oh to be 21 going on 22...

Xx,
-Lo.



No comments:

Post a Comment