Monday, October 29, 2012

Volcano.

Today was a bit of a switch up from the normal Monday routine. This morning I went to Drake Middle School to listen in on a 6th grade bullying seminar for material for a feature writing paper. It's so interesting to see kids interact with each other at that age... it's also hard to picture myself as a 10/11 year old. 


Thank god by that stage in life I had acquired contacts and a hair straightener. (5th grade was a big year for me)

I couldn't help but wonder what it would have been like to go to a culturally and racially diverse school. 

The seminars took most of the morning and then I hopped on over to work for my Monday office hours where I battled with the copy machine for a solid 25. 

After work I popped over to Wrapsody (a store downtown) and browsed for the 3rd day in a row... and bought myself one of my faaaavorite candles: Volcano No. 6

Not only does it smell amazing but it reminds me of the fantastic Damian Rice song. 

Speaking of volcanoes, Hurricane Sandy is about to be in full force so stay safe America. 

I've been avoiding a few papers for a few days now... I can't seem to start them the way I want and my procrastination has led to the start of a new addiction that is Friday Night Lights. 

I'm only on episode 3, and I've cried in all of them... Connie Britton can do no wrong as I've mentioned before from her performance in Nashville. Her hair deserves its own Twitter account... don't put it past me to start one. 

I would also like to point out that it's officially hot chocolate and seat warmer weather. 

Happiness is...

-Lo. 

"Volcanoes melt you down..." 

No comments:

Post a Comment