Thursday, October 25, 2012

Nashville

Nashville, Tennessee is perfect. I honestly don't know any other way to describe it. This weekend marked my third or fourth trip to Music City and I could not have been more enthralled and in love.

The city itself is gorgeous- with the architecture and such, and the land is phenomenal. There are mountains and trees and green and all the leaves were changing.... it was perfect. it is perfect.

There is always something going on, with something fun to do and the people I've met from there are just such kind souls.

Whenever I'm there I get a real feeling of belonging...and that hasn't happened to me in a while. I will always love Dallas, it will always be my home...and Auburn has been an amazing experience... but something about Nashville just calls my name and I think I'm going to have to see what that is pretty soon.

Anyhow...needless to say my weekend was phenomenal. I was once again reminded how lucky I am to have such amazing, fun and uplifting friends. I honestly don't remember the last time I laughed that hard for such an extended amount of time. Everyone was all smiles and giggles all weekends (even the boys) ... and it was so nice to get away from school and work for a hot minute.

Friday night we were greeted by two loving parents who graciously opened their home for us to rest our (soon-to-be hungover heads) and fixed an amazing steak dinner for us. We traveled into the city that night to run around Broadway, which is where all of the "Honky Tonk" aka country bars are. A rumor was circulating that the cast of Nashville (my new TV obsession) was in the upstairs portion of one of the bars we were at!


Saturday we were lazy and watched football, cooked and napped the whole day. And then ventured to Midtown where the "Vanderbilt" bars are... I later found out that Taylor Swift's home is super close to that area!

It's a little bit scary... I left Texas to come to Auburn because 1. I had no clue where I wanted to go and 2. I knew if I didn't leave Texas during my college years, then I was never going to leave...and I just wasn't ok with that. The plan was always to go for school and then move back home, and now that plan isn't as set in stone as I once thought..which is really scary but I'm trying to focus on the excitement of it all too.

Speaking of exciting, my family is coming to town today!! I can't wait to be reunited with them.... it's been since August 1st!

Happy weekend,
-Lo.

No comments:

Post a Comment